Submission Deadline: Friday May 4, 2018
The ReFrame Film Festival is looking for a dedicated individual to join our team that will ensure the success of ReFrame’s 15th anniversary. The Creative Director position is intended in the first instance to be a recurring annual contract.
Terms: 31-week, annual contract
Contract Dates: Full-Time, 35-40 hours/week, August 15, 2018 – March 15, 2019
Remuneration: $18 – $20/hour (commensurate with experience)
Reporting: The Creative Director is an employee of the ReFrame Film Festival and will work under the overall direction of the Festival Director (FD).
- Implementing the creative and artistic vision for the 2019 ReFrame Film Festival, in keeping with our Vision, Mission and Values
- Facilitating all aspects of film selection and creative programming for ReFrame 2019
- Undertaking and managing all logistical and practical issues related to all film selection, creative programming, and publicity and promotion at the festival
- Working collaboratively with the FD to ensure the success of ReFrame 2019
- Working collaboratively with the FD to develop the creative vision for ReFrame 2020
A more detailed listing of responsibilities for this position can be found here.
- Post-secondary training or experience in film studies, filmmaking/production, or related media/visual/arts or communications studies
- Experience with successful festival or event planning
- Proven capacity to work collaboratively and harmoniously with fellow staff, volunteers, community groups, funding agencies and sponsors
- Must be proficient in a range of social media platforms with experience using WordPress or similar content management systems
- Must be self-motivated, decisive, an independent problem solver and able to work under pressure
- Have a capacity to successfully work within, and a respect for, limited budgets and tight timelines
- Must be punctual, organized and attentive to detail
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Knowledge of Peterborough/Nogojiwanong
- Knowledge of the arts and/or not-for-profit sectors in Peterborough/Nogojiwanong
- Experience working with community groups, not-for-profit, and/or marginalized communities
- A demonstrated belief in the capacity of documentary film to promote progressive societal and political change in communities large and small
The successful candidate will be required to work some evenings and weekends including, but not limited to, January 24-27, 2019.
The successful candidate must be resident in Peterborough, Ontario for the duration of the contract.
Interviews will begin after May 4, 2018.
This position will be posted until it is filled.
Please email the following:
- Cover letter and resume
- 1 sample of your written work that you would like to share with the Hiring Committee
- 1 additional submission that demonstrates your creative/artistic/film/film studies background (links to online portfolios are adequate if appropriate here)
- Full contact details for three professional references and one personal reference
REFRAME FILM FESTIVAL
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview by the Hiring Committee will be contacted. No telephone or walk-in inquiries please. All applications are considered confidential.