ReFrame Programmers are accepting submissions from June 1 – October 12, 2018 to be screened at ReFrame 2019 (January 24 – 27, 2019).
ReFrame is looking for documentary films –Short (under 50 min) and Feature Length (over 51 minutes) in categories such as:
|Age – Youth & Aging
|Arts & Culture
||International Human Rights
|Environment & Food
|Gender/Women’s & Men’s Issues
||Local & Regional
|Health – Mental Health & Ability
||Politics, Poverty, Economy & Labour
|Identities, Families & Communities
||Technology, Science & Education
There is no fee for submitting films for consideration. ReFrame will pay screening fees for all films selected for ReFrame 2019. Fees are calculated according to the number of minutes of the film and in compliance with the Independent Media Arts Alliance (IMAA) fee schedule for 2019. .
ENTRY RULES AND REGULATIONS
- In most situations, only films completed after October 1st, 2016 will be considered for official selection.
- For films that are selected for the festival, we will require a Quicktime file to our specifications. We do not accept DCP as a screening format.
- Films may be submitted for online viewing (Vimeo, YouTube, etc.), or on external hard drives or USB thumb drives
- Please send physical media to:
- ReFrame Film Festival
Attn: Jay Adam, Festival Director
378 Aylmer St. N.
- The outside of your shipping package must read: “For Festival Preview Only – No Commercial Value” ReFrame will not pay customs fees on shipments. Your shipment will be refused and returned to you if this occurs.
- External hard drives and USB thumb drives will be returned after the festival to an address you provide at the time of submission.
- All non-English language films must have English subtitles.
- ReFrame will only review films that have completed the online submission process unless other arrangements have been made.
- The number, date(s), time(s), and location(s) of screenings of the selected films are at the sole discretion of ReFrame. Filmmakers of accepted entries will be notified with these details.
- Notification of final programming decisions will be issued to all filmmakers via e-mail by November 2018.
To submit your film, please fill out the submission form below.
SUBMIT A FILM