CALL FOR BOARD MEMBERS
The ReFrame Film Festival is a community celebration of documentary film and media art, with a lens on social and environmental justice. We aim to build socially active, engaged community audiences through the curated presentation of documentary film.
To read more about our Mission, Vision and Values CLICK HERE
ReFrame has been held at the end of January each year since 2005, and has become a celebrated event in Nogojiwanong / Peterborough’s arts and culture community. As an organization, ReFrame is focused on pushing the boundaries of social, cultural and political conversations, celebrating documentary film and media art, and supporting the growing local filmmaking community. Our strategic directions outline our commitment to ensuring the continued impact, relevance, and value of ReFrame to the diverse communities we serve.
To read more about our Strategic Plan (2020-2024) CLICK HERE
We are seeking expressions of interest from community members with a desire to support the local arts community and to help ReFrame achieve its strategic aims by joining our Board of Directors.
QUALITIES WE ARE SEEKING
ReFrame is seeking Board members who are committed to social and environmental justice, community building, and strengthening the arts and culture sector in Nogojiwanong / Peterborough.
We know that leadership can take many forms, and we are looking for individuals who offer new ways of understanding the world. We welcome expressions of interest from people of all identities as well as all cultural, social, and financial backgrounds.
Here are some of the attributes we feel would make for a strong addition to our Board, regardless of age, education or experience:
- A collaborative mindset, with a willingness to share ideas and contribute to group work
- A drive to promote social and / or environmental justice
- Enthusiasm for connecting with local community organizations and businesses
- A passion for arts and culture and / or an interest in supporting the filmmaking community in Peterborough
- Interest in learning about and participating in non-profit governance, including collaborative strategic decision-making, policy development, networking, and operational fundraising
Please note that Board members are not involved in film selection.
- Board Directors are normally elected to serve a three-year term. Directors may serve up to two consecutive terms.
- The Board of Directors meets monthly (currently virtual). When public health measures allow, Board meetings are held in-person in Nogojiwanong / Peterborough.
- Board members are expected to contribute to committees and to work at the annual festival. Time commitments run an average of 5-7 hours per month.
- All Board members are expected to contribute to the operational fundraising of the organization, which may include a personal donation, supporting outreach initiatives, and / or thanking donors.
- Each Board member has a legal responsibility to participate actively in making decisions on behalf of the organization and to exercise their best judgment while doing so.
EXPRESSIONS OF INTEREST
If you are interested in joining ReFrame as a member of our Board of Directors, please take a few minutes to express your interest by filling out the form below.
In our commitment to diversity, we will prioritize expressions of interest from persons with disabilities, and people with Indigenous, racialized, 2SLGBTTQ+ and intersectional identities. We welcome expressions of interest from people of all socioeconomic backgrounds.
Feel free to get in touch!